Monday, April 30, 2012

Open Door


In recent days, I had the opportunity to help a village chief from a remote village near the Moyamba district. I am good friends with his daughter and son-in-law. For many years, this man has suffered with a hernia that was so large he could barely walk. With the help of God, we were able to find a doctor that performed a surgery to repair this hernia. As of last week, the operation was a success and the chief is on his way to a full recovery. Glory to God! During our visits, we began to tell this man, who is a strong “M”, the truth about Jesus Christ. He came to thank us for the surgery, but I quickly told him that it was Jesus who he should give thanks to. All of our prayers for him have been offered up in the name of Jesus. This man even came to the Easter celebration at my house and was able to see The Passion of the Christ film. After our talks, the chief shared that he would like me to come visit his village. I begin to tell him that I would love to come and share about Jesus and the Moringa Project as well. He even told me that he could provide land for us to teach the people.

Through this encounter, and a sleepless night of prayer, God begin to pose a question to me about the location of this project. As it stands now, the project was planned to be centralized bringing students in, yet God is challenging that strategy within my heart. I feel that he is asking me to take the project to the people. The vision that is evolving is simply this: As God opens doors through relationships such as the one mentioned above, I hope to take the Gospel and knowledge God has given me regarding Community Health/Moringa to the remote villages in the provinces where the name of Jesus has not been heard or fully understood. It will require me and partnering followers of Christ living in the village for 1-2 months teaching them about Christ and about God’s love for them through the provision of the Moringa Tree.

As many of you may know, a centralized project will call for construction and maintenance costs. However, I believe this model of going will be more affordable and more biblical. I don’t know all the details yet, but I need to announce this as a prayer point for the project. I want to be obedient to God fully in every decision that I face. I ask each of you who have received this email to pray for this decision and prompting. I cherish and welcome your advice and wise counsel. Please know this will not change anything about the project other than location and will minimize the cost. The same teaching and education will happen, yet it will happen onsite in the village. All hands-on practical (growing, purifying water, etc.) will be done in the village. We still hope that people will understand God’s love and desire for PHYSICAL health for his children through the provision of the Moringa Tree and that they will also see God’s love desire for SPIRITUAL health for his children through the tree which Christ died upon.

Thank you all for your support and prayers. 

1 comment:

  1. Keeping you in prayer for His provision and guidance during this journey you are walking with Him.

    Awesome work you are doing for the Lord! We will keep you in prayer daily!

    Blessings!

    Elliott Cross

    ReplyDelete