Friday, March 9, 2012

Moringa Experiment: Week 6

It feels like an eternity since my last entry about the Tree of Life Project. The accident with my hand and recovery has slowed me down a bit, but it won't keep me down. :-) I have had an enormous amount of help and support from my friends here. And God has been providing and validating this project/ministry more and more.

The first thing I would like to say is that, as you can see in the pic, the small intensive experimental plot is doing very well. We are hoping to be cutting our first harvest in the next few weeks. The other 12 we planted in the fenced in area had a bit of a problem. Grasshoppers chopped off the tops of 5 of the plants. They are still trying to regrow, but we may need a controlled nursery-type environment until the stems are strong enough to resist such pests.

We also harvested the first moringa flower from my own personal tree. Kassim and I boiled it and made a tasty tea that is known to be good for treating symptoms of the common cold.

God has also been providing financially bit by bit for the first phase of the project, the fence. I am proud to announce that we almost have 50% of the cost of the fence. Praise be to God! Thanks to all of you who are advocating for the project and giving to make this a reality.

God is continually teaching me and growing me. It has be an awesome experience to be discipling the guys and having them serve alongside of me in the start up of this project. Please continue to pray for provisions and for all who are eager to begin working to bring physical and spiritual health and wholeness to the people of Sierra Leone. Love you all and to God be the glory!

No comments:

Post a Comment