Friday, July 19, 2013

Showers of Blessings

rain I feel the need to write today to all of you, my supporters and partners, to share a testimony of gratitude for what God has done recently in my life. Many of you may know that as a Pioneers missionary, I am depend on financial support from individuals and churches for my personal needs and ministry here in Sierra Leone. Raising support is not always easy, yet I have found in these last three years that the process has been such a blessing to me though hard work at the same time. Relationships have grown and new ones have been made, and I love the fact that I feel directly connected to you all and that you all are directly connected to the ministry here. I say all of this to say ‘thank you’ because without your monthly support, I could not be here. I know that it is a huge sacrifice for some of you, but I pray continually that an eternal perspective will be the constant in our hearts and minds as we serve together.

Yesterday, I received three wonderful surprises. The first two being anonymous donations to Pioneers for me and the ministry here. One covered the cost to purchase some form of transportation here. Our ministry is expanding, and up until now, I have relied on public transportation which is not always reliable or safe. Many of you have been praying that God would provide for this need, so today I am humbled and happy to announce that your prayers have been answered. Another generous donation also was given to my general account to be used for ministry and personal needs. All I can say is that God is faithful! The third surprise came in the form of an email from an organization called Medsend (www.medsend.org). This organization gives grants to pay for medical missionaries’ student loans while they serve abroad on the mission field. Medsend wrote to tell me that I was approved for the grant and for the next 4 years they will be making my monthly student loan payments. One word…HALLELUJAH!

Today in my journal they verse was from Colossians 3:15 which says, “As members of one body you are called to live in peace. And ALWAYS be thankful.” It is so easy to be thankful when blessings are overflowing, yet my prayer is that I will continue to be thankful even in those silent seasons where God is teaching me patience and utter dependence on Him. That is my challenge. Let us all be thankful for the blessings and gifts from God, yet let us even be more thankful for the Heavenly Giver.

I love you all and will write again soon. Please be in prayer for us this week as I will be meeting with several individuals concerning the beginning of a working moringa farm here in Sierra Leone. Love and blessings to you all. LG+LP

No comments:

Post a Comment